At the moment
2012-2014: Doctoral student in Audiovisual Translation, PEFLIC programme (Linguistic and Cultural Policies, Education and Training) at the University of Macerata, with a project on subtitling competence and its teaching and training implications. Supervisor: Dr Elena Di Giovanni.
Please go to Research if you would like to read more about my doctoral project.
- 2011: Master's Degree in Modern Languages for International Communication and Cooperation (for interpreters and translators), from the University of Macerata, Italy. Final mark: 110/110 with distinction.
- 2008: Bachelor's Degree in Language Mediation, from the University of Macerata, Italy. Final mark: 110/110 with distinction.
- 2005: High school language diploma. Final mark: 100/100
- 2011: Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). Livello: C1*. Cambridge University ESOL. Final mark: Grade B (78/100)
- 2009: Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE) Superior. Livello: C2*. Instituto Cervantes. Final mark: 90.72/100
- 2008: Curso de español para estudiantes Erasmus. Livello: B2*. Universidad de Alicante. Final mark: Matrícula de honor (10/10)
- 2005: Zertifikat Deutsch (ZD). Livello: B1*. Goethe Institut. Final mark: GUT
- 2004: First Certificate of English (FCE). Livello: B2*. Cambridge University ESOL. Final mark: Grade C
- 2003: Preliminary English Test (PET). Livello: B1*. Cambridge University ESOL. Final mark: Pass with Merit
- 2007 2008: Five-month Erasmus study-stay at the University of Alicante, Spain, Faculty of English Interpretation and Translation
- 2004: Galway (Ireland), at the Atlantic Language School. Language course: 38 hours
- 2004: Nurnberg (Germany), at DID Deutsch in Deutschland. Language course: 20 hours
- 2003: St. Julians (Malta), at EC European Centre of English Language Studies. Language course: 36 hours
- 2001: Nice (France), at Ecole France Langue. Language course: 15 hours
Honours and awards
- Won a full, three-year scholarship to the University of Macerata for completing my graduate studies.
- Professional member of SUBTLE, the Subtitler's Association
- Full member of ESIST, the European Association for Studies in Screen Translation